You know what sucks?
Just kidding, these nuts are fire, especially when you throw them into a food processor for a couple minutes.
We have evolved far beyond yesteryear’s peanut butter, and even further beyond yesterday’s almond butter. Enter the age of mixed nut butters.
What are the rules?
1. At least two types of nuts
The rest, my friends, is up to us.
Open up your cabinet, pick up that jar of peanut butter that rhymes with “gif,” and throw that dirt away. We have standards now and we won’t accept just any nut butter.
Gather your favorite nuts (
I’m still laughing at the word) and prepare for your life to change…
We’re making nut butter.
Roasted Nut Butter
The best darn roasted nut butter you've ever tasted!
- ¼ lb raw walnuts
- ¼ lb raw pecans
- ¼ lb raw hazelnuts
- ¼ lb raw cashews
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs shredded coconut
- Roast nuts at 350 F for 10 minutes or until they begin to brown or slightly burn.
- Transfer to food processor or a good quality blender and blend on high until the nuts break down into butter. About 5-10 minutes.
- Add in any of the optional ingredients (I stuck with salt) and blend until incorporated.
- Transfer to air tight container and use within two weeks.
Enjoy on sandwiches, bagels, in smoothies, or via my favorite method: the finger.
2 thoughts on “ Roasted Nut Butter ”