Nut butter and bread walk into a bar…
Oh no. I can’t complete this joke. It’s just incomplete! Something is missing from the formula, what could it be? Man, my thoughts are in a jam.
Wait a second, that’s it! Jam!
This jam highlights the fruit (strawberries, in this case), takes about 10 minutes to prepare, and contains only three ingredients. And, if the fruit you desire isn’t in season (or is overly expensive), frozen fruit works just as well as fresh.
Let’s get jamming’!
Sweet and enjoyably tangy strawberry jam that goes well on top of everything!
- 1 lb fresh or frozen strawberries (or other berries of choice)
- ½ c cane sugar
- Juice of half a large lemon (1 ½ – 2 tbs)
- Place strawberries into food processor and pulse into small chunks. Alternatively, mash fresh strawberries to desired consistency (I prefer mine to have some chunks).
- Place strawberry slush, sugar, and lemon juice in a medium pot over medium-low heat. Heat until sugar dissolves.*
- Bring to a light boil over medium-high heat and let reduce for 5 minutes.*
- Transfer to a container that would be safe with heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Move to fridge to chill for 8 hours or over night.
- Keeps for two weeks in the fridge. Makes a killer “NB & J (Nut Butter & Jelly)” sandwich when paired with our peanut-less roasted nut butter!
*You want a pot larger than the space occupied by the jam, as splattering will occur during the boiling process.
*If you completely puree your strawberries, you will have to reduce the mixture down for longer than 5 minutes. However, if you leave some chunks, the mixture will stabilize better when set in the fridge.