You know it. You love it. And you probably put half a pound of it on every Italian dish you’ve ever ordered.
Parmesan Cheese! Except without all that cheese stuff. Ew.
This ‘ish right here is savory, salty, irresistible, and worthy of being loaded on top of everything. Ahh, just like you were a kid again. Plus, who can testify against three ingredient dankness (i.e. this)!?
This recipe is based off of the pepita parmesan served at Crossroads Kitchen in LA. I saw it in a cookbook the owner created and have been hooked on the idea ever since.
Enjoy your parmesan indulging everybody!
Savory parmesan flavor with a nutty body
- 1/2 cup raw pepitas/pumpkin seeds without the shell
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Place pumpkin seeds directly on a baking sheet and roast in oven for 2-3 minutes, or until they begin to sizzle and start to brown. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place roasted pumpkin seeds, nutritional yeast, and salt in the bowl of your food processor, and process until the mixture is fine. I enjoy small chunks of pepitas to remain for added texture.
- Keep in an air-tight container at room temperature for a month or in the fridge for up to two-months.