“Recipe raps, straight bringin’ facts to the food game full of traps.
If you ready to make an impact, go ahead and roll up… one of these wraps.”
OOOOOOOOOOH *the club goes wild*
No funkin’ around, these wraps are seriously satisfying – packed with undercover veggies. Eggplant takes on a savory, meaty essence. Brussel sprout slaw brings the tang, subtle sweetness, and pleasant crispiness. Three-ingredient pineapple guac adds creaminess and a tropical twist. Roasted walnuts compliment the wrap with a heavenly crunch. And homemade barbecue sauce brings it all together.
Yielding two wraps and requiring only thirty minutes to make, this recipe is perfect for an in-house date night featuring you, your lover, and Netflix.
Ready for romance? I mean, uhh, a really good recipe? Sweet, scroll on!
Barbecue eggplant wraps
Simple 30 minute wraps with barbecue eggplant, tangy brussel sprout slaw, pineapple guacamole, roasted walnuts, and homemade bbq sauce!
- 10 round slices of eggplant (1/2 small eggplant)
- 2 tbs bbq spice mix
- Sea salt
- 1 tbs olive oil
Brussel Sprout Slaw:
- 3 cups (150 g) shredded brussel sprouts
- 1/2 tbs olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs vinegar
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup diced pineapple
- Heavy pinch of salt
- 2 vegan, gluten-free tortillas
- barbecue sauce
- optional: 1/2 cup walnuts
- Roast walnuts in oven at 350 F 3-5 minutes, or until crispy. Set aside.
- Raise temperature to 375 F.
- Toss together brussel sprouts, oil, and sprinkle of salt. Roast in oven for 5 min or until lightly burnt.
- Toss cooked sprouts with maple syrup and vinegar. Set aside.
- Heat large cast iron skillet (or other pan) over medium heat.
- Coat both sides of the eggplant slices with barbecue rub and a heavy pinch of salt.
- Add olive oil and eggplant slices to pan and cook until brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side, cooking in two batches if all the slices don’t fit.
- Remove from heat and slice each round of eggplant into three or four pieces. Set aside.
- To prepare guac: in a bowl, use a fork to mash avocado with salt to desired consistency. Add pineapple and stir to combine. Set aside.
- To make tortillas pliable: use a brush or finger to spread a touch of water across their surface. Toss in oven for 30 seconds.
- To construct your wraps, top with a layer of slaw, followed by heaps of eggplant, guacamole, walnuts, and barbecue sauce.
- Play a cute movie on Netflix and enjoy while fresh!