Introducing: the french press latte. The perfect way to get your latte fix without an espresso maker.
This coffee is: creamy, frothy, lightly sweetened, and easy/inexpensive to make.
The coolest part? When quality coffee is blended with fats, such as coconut oil, our brains can make better use of the caffeine, leading to a longer, focused high.
I’ll cheers to that!
French Press Latte
No espresso maker. No fucks.
- 6 tbs coarse ground coffee
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 2 c boiling water
- 2/3 c dairy free milk
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 tbs honey or agave
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- Ice for serving*
- In a french press, combine coffee, cinnamon, small pinch of sea salt, and half of the boiling water. Give it a quick stir (I like to use chopsticks) and let sit for 30 seconds. Add the rest of the water and let brew, undisturbed, for 4 minutes.
- Slowly press down the plunger on your press to separate the grounds from the brew. Add your brew, dairy free milk, coconut oil, honey or agave, and vanilla to a blender and blend on high for 20-30 seconds, or until frothy.
- Divide between two mason jars filled with ice and serve.
*If you desire to enjoy a warm latte instead of an iced one, simply reduce the amount of coffee grounds to 4 tbs and follow rest directions the same… except for the one where you pour your coffee over ice ;)