This is 100% one of our easiest recipes ever. And no, that doesn’t make it any less delicious. This dish is reminiscent of breakfast in Barcelona, where perfectly toasted bread is topped with olive oil and whatever else that particular restaurant is feeling that day. It’s pure simplicity, but it packs a variety of flavors and textures into one small package. As this is toast after all, we don’t have much to say about this recipe. Plus, we’re currently in Tokyo, so we’re not tryna spend a bunch of time cooped up in a coffee shop, ya dig? Alright, a quick bulleted list, and then on to the recipe! This dish is:
- Crisp, airy, creamy, and juicy
- Zesty, aromatic, refreshing, and bright
- A quick and easy breakfast!
If you like what your eyes are tasting, then share this recipe with your friends on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest at @noeggsorham! For more flame-emoji photos, geeky food talk, and mouth-watering dishes, subscribe to our email list. Tag us in a photo when you create one of our recipes at home so we can share it!
The Cupid Truffle
Bright Morning Toast with Oregano-Truffle Cream Cheese and Olive Oil Tossed Tomatoes
Light and crusty French baguette slices with zesty vegan cream cheese and blanched, lightly seasoned tomatoes.
- 3-4 thick French baguette slices, cut on the bias
- 1/4 c vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp truffle oil
- 1/2 tsp water to loosen (optional)
- 1 medium tomato
- drizzle of olive oil
- medium pinch of salt
- To blanch tomato, bring a medium pot of water to boil. Thinly slice a small “X” on its bottom side (just deep enough to pierce the skin) and place it in the water until the skin starts to peel back; about 25 seconds.
- Move to a bowl filled with ice water to sit for a few seconds, then transfer to a cutting board, peel off the skin, and dice into medium pieces. Toss with olive oil and salt and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, oregano, truffle oil, and water (if needed) until smooth.
- Toast bread under broiler or toaster oven until lightly golden on both sides. Top with cream cheese and tomatoes and enjoy immediately!