The only thing better than having homemade cookies in the house to munch on whenever the urge strikes is having guilt-free cookies to munch on whenever the urge strikes. There’s no feelings of regret after eatin one (or a couple) of these bad boys.
If you’re anything like me and have an “eternal sweet tooth,” these cookies are probably the best thing you can have laying around on your counter.
Inspired by the simple delectability of Larabars, these cookies are raw, vegan, gluten-free, and contain only 5 ingredients. It doesn’t get much simpler than this.
They are chewy, chocolatey, and slightly crunchy; indulging in one of these will leave you wondering how they aren’t full of sugar and tasty fats.The answer, mis amigos, is: the date, which are way more forgiving than a real-world date between you and an eye-appealing stranger. Ew.
Let’s take the easy way out, shall we?
Raw Mini Cocoa Cookies
Soft and chewy raw cookies made of only five ingredients.
- 2/3 c (90 g) whole raw almonds
- 8 oz (roughly 1 1/4 c) pitted dates
- Touch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 g) vanilla extract
- 1 tbs (5 g) cocoa powder
- A few tbs of water
- Crush the almonds into tiny chunks in the bowl of your food processor. Remove and set aside.
- Add dates to food processor and blend until they form one big clump. If they’re not coming together, add a few tbs of water until they begin to stick together.
- Once smooth, add 4 tbs of the crushed almonds, salt, vanilla, and cocoa powder and pulse to combine.
- If the mixture is too wet, add the rest of the almonds. If the mixture is too dry, add more dates.
- Use a tablespoon to form proportionate sized balls (refer to picture above).
- Congratulations! You just created the easiest and most irresistible raw treat out there. Store cookies in tupperware or bag for up to two weeks at room temperature.